Benefits of Aloe Vera

Posted by on Apr 21 2012
VN:F [1.9.17_1161]
Rating: 8.0/8 (1 vote cast)

Aloe Vera BenefitsAloe Vera is claimed worldwide to have moisturizing , rejuvenating, healing or soothing properties. Aloe vera is closely associated with herbal medicine.  It is a myth or reality? Read through to learn more about this miracle plant.

 

What is aloe vera ?

There is a variety of aloe; the most common one is Aloe Barbadensis Miller.  It is a succulent plant (water-retaining plants) that is extensively used to sooth ulcers, hemorrhoids, blisters, sunburns, wounds and other skin ailments as it is recognized that Aloe Vera has moisturizing , rejuvenating, healing or soothing properties.  From a cosmetic point of view, Aloe Vera keeps the hair clear of dandruff, helps in promoting hair growth as well as preventing hair loss.

Aloe vera grows in dry and arid climate zones of Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Of all these different types of aloe plants, only four are identified as fit for human consumption, Aloe Barbadensis is one of them.

What are the benefits of Aloe Vera?

Aloe vera contains all the vitamins, except D, that people need on a daily basis. It also contains enzymes, minerals, anti-microbial, amino acids and sugars that are all beneficial to the human body. These ingredients aid digestion, reduce inflammation, cleanse and sooth the body.

Benefits of Aloe Vera are numerous: it contains over 20 amino acids, 8 of which are critical for the human body, as our bodies cannot make them. Aloe contains all of these 8 important amino acids over and above 11 of the 14 ‘secondary’ amino acids. This herb is also enriched with a host of vitamins including A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E. Vitamins too cannot be manufactured by the body and some cannot even be stored by the body.

Aloe Vera is also an effective laxative that can treat a wide variety of digestive disorders, namely irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease.  Users  who have regularly taken aloe vera claimed that they get the benefits of aloe vera quite rapidly.  Even so, it is important that you get medical advice from your doctor and read about the potential side effects of aloe vera.

Aloe Vera juice is extracted from aloe vera gel which is used by many for treating psoriasis, shingles, and itchiness, associated with skin disease. The gel is also used to treat cuts, abrasions and burns. Because of its so-called strong healing and anti inflammatory powers, it is claimed to be an excellent controller of pain and swelling.

What are the parts from Aloe Vera ?

The Aloe Vera leave is made up of three layers:

The Aloe Vera leave is made up of three layers:

1. The first inner layer of the leave is made up of a gel that holds 99% water, the remaining 1% contains vitamins, amino acids, glucomannans, sterols and lipids.
2. The center layer of the leave is a bitter yellow sap that contains glycosides and anthraquinones.
3. The final outer layer, the rind, is responsible for protecting the plant. It is these inner layers that contain multiple vitamins, minerals and amino acids that are used to make Aloe products.

How to use Aloe Vera gel?

Aloe vera uses are recommended after maturity of the plant, the leaves can be used after its first flowering whose perfume are extracted and used in the preparation of aromatherapy oil.  The part that is used to as a herbal medicine is obtained from the gel.  The process to extract the gel from the plant is significant for overall efficacy of the product. For instance, Aloe vera gel must not be exposed for a long time after extraction as it can get oxidized and lose its efficiency. Therefore, it is imperative that the time of harvesting and extraction of the gel should ideally be completed within 4 hours.

Advanced Uses of Aloe Vera

Aloe vera plants have attracted the attention of the medical and scientific world, research of their efficiency for the treatment of diabetes, cancer and AIDS is underway by several organizations.

VN:F [1.9.17_1161]
Rating: +1 (from 1 vote)
Benefits of Aloe Vera, 8.0 out of 8 based on 1 rating

  1. 1 Trackback(s)

  2. Heartburn Symptoms | Heartburn Causes and Natural Remedies

Post a Comment

CommentLuv badge
Posted under: Hair and Skin Care


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


Sponsors

E-cigarette provides you with inhaled doses of nicotine by way of a vaporized solution. It is a healthier alternative to smoked tobacco products…

A Fitness Program not just about Muscles and Sweat, but about Heart and Soul, about Daring your Life to the next stage of it’s Evolution

125x125 125x125